Monday, October 25, 2010

Genesis

Now normally, I'm the type of guy that can ID any car you care to show me. New or old, I know it. But recently, I've been seeing a new logo out, and I can't find it anywhere on the web. It's a strange logo to track, a pair of wings on a circular emblem, much like Mini's logo. Except it wasn't. I first saw it years back, on a car called the Genesis. It was special, in its special way. The car wasn't overly flashy, yet it demanded the attention of all. It wasn't remotely powerful sounding, yet you could tell it had some serious engineering under the bonnet. It was, in short, nice. Appreciable. Yet I had no idea what it was.

Now, I have come to believe it was a Hyundai Genesis Sedan. Mr. Kwok spotted a very similar looking car, with the same logo, and we ID it as the Genesis. Except there's a problem with that. The Genesis wasn't out, a few years back. Nope. No one had even heard of Hyundai back then. So what gives?

Recently, I saw the logo again. It started with dropping my brother off at school. I saw it in the cross traffic, heading towards the same middle school. I saw the flattened rear lights, the curved ends, and thought it was the new Jaguar. Wrong. As I got closer, I realized the proportions were off. The back was hunched, and the dual exhausts were these fantastic box ones. Even closer still, I made out the logo, and found out the car was called, Vertigo (no internet search has yielded me any answers). As we passed the car, and I was stunned by the DB9 looks. Yet I still have no idea what it was.

My theory, which in my mind, is quite possibly possible (in a theoretically but not actually sense), is that we have a Hyundai proto-typer living here in San Ramon. If that's already been established by someone else, it's news to me. If not, I'll take my theory. See my reasoning is, is that I saw a Genesis 4-5 years before it's release. Now, I see a mysterious car, branded with the same logo, which doesn't show up anywhere at all. Hmm.... See the connection? If you don't, just watch; Hyundai'll release a new supersport car that can rival the GT-R, which will be called the Vertigo. If not, well, it was only a theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment