Sunday, January 9, 2011

Truth Behind Warming up your Car

Every morning like every one else, I spend some warming up the car for about 5 minutes idling. I sat freezing cold in my car wondering to myself if all "this" was necessary? So one day I asked my dad the idea/purpose behind warming up the car, he said it was required for "older" cars to function normally. I was checking through my yahoo email and found this article on the main page.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1650/eight-facts-about-warming-up-your-car-in-winter/

Conclusion?
Warm up you car for about 10 seconds
When first driving off, take it easy on the accelerator
Idling doesn't is the most inefficient way to warm up your car: it wastes gas, pollutes the environment, your car will also be an easy pick for a car-jacker if left unattended.

No comments:

Post a Comment