Sunday, July 11, 2010

J.Ma On: Dramatical Moments

I am almost positive that each and one of us has that certain, "dramatic friend". This can be noted by the amout of "drama" in that individuals life. For example, calling you at 3 a.m in the morning to talk about how the person just broke up with his/her's counterpart and cries all over the phone. While this is fine to most people (and to me), it got me wondering. If people can always make dramatic moments in the persons' life, then what makes a dramatic moment...in a car?

To find out, I decided to watch some different types of Chinese dramas. Specifially Taiwanese dramas. All those hard-core fast driving in a 2004 Mercedes SL is pretty damn dramatic. Until you take a look at the outakes and see what is really going on. What they're doing is just moving the camera up and down very fast, and casting a relection at the car's windows to seem like the people in the car are acutally driving, but they're not. So that's not very dramatic.

What is dramatic, however, are the dramatical, emotional, and romantic moments. I mean, think about it. When people get married, they over decorate a car with bundles of flowers and cans along with pink and pretty stuff to allow people to recognize that the couple will be in heat tonight. This is pretty dramatic. In those moments in the car driving away to the couple's honeymoon are filled with several tense, emotional moments. These emotions can range from happiness from being married, or sadness from leaving childhood behind (Toy Story 3). So, with all the basic lines laid down, lets get into more technical car statistics.

Driving a Ferrari is like paying off your mortgage for a house, but a bank still keeps it. Same applies to some Ferrari models. People buy the car, but the individual doesn't get to keep it. When a person is in a Ferrari, the person EXPECTS it to be fast, because it's a Ferrari. It's supposed to be dramatical, it's supposed to be crazy and Enzo fun.
But sadly, to buy a Ferrari, you must be a cock. So lets move on to the more practical humane cars. Example, a Toyota Prius. A male is not going to pick up any type of chicks with a Toyota Prius. They look boring to drive as well, with the whole hybrid idea. But take a moment to hammer down the acceleration pedal, and holy ship. You would have never expected a Toyota Prius to be able to go up to 137 mph. That's Enzo fun, and that's what I call dramatical moments. In that Ferrari, you expect it to go fast, so you can't really say it's dramatic because it's going so fast. But in a Prius, you'd never expect it to go that fast in the first place. That's what makes the adredaline pop in. That's what makes dramatical moments in the car, dramatical.

Technical stuff done, let's move on to more practical ideas. We all have grown up with a car. Everyone can relate to this statement. For me, it would be my mother's 1995 Honda Passport. I went back home as a baby from the hospital in that car, and I have grew up in it ever since. I loved that Honda Passport. Yes true, it's a very bumpy ride, it has pretty low economical gas mileage, but I have grown attached to it. When my mother sold the Passport to my uncle, it was only about three months until my uncle totaled the Passport. I was devastated. Hearing that Passport getting totaled was like seeing a family member of mine go away. That is a dramatical moment. We decided to get a 2003 Honda Odyssey and that car was basically my Passport replacement. It's the same story as the Passport. I've ridden in it every single day of my life, and it's a comfterable ride. Sure, it's bumpy as well, and the gas mileage is really a load of rubbish, but it's just so important to me. I have a 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-350 that my father drives, and I still don't like it as much as the Odyssey. It's just that, I've grown up with practical cars, and stuck with it ever since. These are what we can truly call, "dramatical moments." Forming an emotional bond with something that one rides in everyday is something magical.

So there we have it. Dramatical moments, in a car. I'm sure that someone can relate to me, and understand how I feel. But still knowing the fact that my old Honda Passport has now been turned into trash really upsets me. Still, I acutally have a plan that I can hopefully create a dramatical moment in my dad's Mercedes-Benz. What could this be you might say? Well it's simple. Ask a date to prom next year, and instead of renting a limo to share with millions of people, get to the location with just me and my partner. I mean, how dramatic and romantic is that? And if it goes well enough, I will be postitive that I will wake up the next morning without my clothes on. Is that still a dramatical moment? Yes it is. Was it all because of a car? Technically, it was. Will it ever happen to me? No, it wont.


No comments:

Post a Comment